Baby sleep training books is an excellent source of information and will give you the exact advice you are looking for to help your baby sleep comfortably.
If you are a parent, who is struggling with a baby who is a horrible sleeper and you are searching for expert advice on the best baby sleep training method.
Wondering whether your baby can take longer naps?
Check out our review of the best baby sleep training books that have great information and advice that will help you train your little one to become better sleepers.
Baby sleeping is one of the most debated topics for many parents and the most significant problem that parents go through while their babies are below six months.
Baby sleep deprivation has been the source of stress and desperation for most moms.
So most mom tends to outsource advice to other mom out there, but most of the information is contradictory.
Thankfully there are baby sleep training books that help parent trains their children to become good sleepers very first.
The baby sleep training books don’t provide contradictory advice, but the authors agree on most information like cautions that may cause sudden infant deaths, the importance of routine and constituency.
Baby sleep training books review
The author of the precious little sheep realized the lack of sleep when she gave birth to her first child in 2006.
By the time no book, community or website that was addressing the problem, so that made her spend five years analyzing infant and child sleep.
Within the five years of the research she worked with thousands of families and combined scientific evidence, she founded Precious Little Sleep blog or podcasts in 2011.
The blog and podcast were meant to find a solution to baby sleep problems. Since that time seems to have no ready answers, the blog and podcast have millions of hit annually and a loyal following.
Later the author decided to put all the baby sleep answers every parent has been looking for a portable package, and that’s when the Precious Little Sleep book was authored.
The precious little sheep books will help deal with hardiest sleep snags and gives other useful guides such as:
• How to swaddle the baby and safely put your swaddled baby to sleep.
• Accomplish your sleep training plan and night weaning plan.
• It also talks about what to do to get your child to eat less or nothing at night.
• The effective strategy to make your baby sleep all through the night.
• Why is your little one up all night?
• How to get your baby sleep well at all.
• What to do when your little one wakes up too early
• changing your sleeping baby from arm to the bed
• If you are looking for the practical solution for toddlers and preschoolers who has sleep struggles, this is the best choice.
The authors offer the guidance hilariously so this one of the books that will help parents solves your baby, toddler and preschoolers sleep problem in a funny and non-judgmental way.
On becoming, the babywise book was written in 1993 by Gary Ezzo and pediatrician Robert Bucknam.
This book helps parents successfully control their baby wake up time, feeding time and night cycles between 7 weeks and nine weeks of age.
The books present an infant care program that will cause your baby to sleep throughout the night between 7-9 weeks.
On becoming a baby wise book is more than a baby sleep training problems and training book but it helps parents on successful parenthood and guides parents on other necessary information such as:
- How to Take care of baby and mom.
- Monitoring your little one grows.
- Guides on healthy baby growth charts
On Becoming Babywise 2019 edition (the new edition of the above book)
This is the 2019 edition which the author pediatrician Robert Bucknam and co-author Gary Ezzo has updated how to synchronize your baby’s feeding time, waketime and nighttime sleep cycles so that the whole family can sleep through the night.
The No-Cry Sleep Solution book explains step by step ideas on how to get your baby sleep throughout the night all without crying.
Tips on what you will learn from the book include:
• Find out the reasons that prevent the baby from sleeping through the night.
• Help work efficiently with the baby biological sleep rhythm.
• It helps create a customized plan to guide on how to get your baby sleep through the night
• In the book, you will learn how to get the baby fall asleep without breastfeeding or bottle feeding and use of a pacifier.
The book provides a nap time solution that works. Naps are crucial to every child development and well being
In this book, you will learn:
- How to convince the Child to nap every day
- How to effortlessly settle your Child for naptime in his or her bed
- How to help short nap into long naps
- How to establish a nap schedule that works for your Child.
More book from Elizabeth Pantley
The book is written by favorite American pediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp to provide a guide for parents who are struggling with their baby sleep.
The happiest baby guide to excellent sleep book is organized to provide sleep problem advice at a different age. For each stage, the author discusses normal development behaviors that affect sleep.
Dr. Harvey Karp exposes common myth about baby sleep we hear out there; he supports the recommendation by other pediatricians such as back-to-sleep, not sharing a bed with your baby and immunization.
The authors explore a particular situation such as nightmares and obstructive sleep apnea.
The book does not only contain information about baby sleep problem but helps a parent understand why difficult but normal child behavior evolve.
The book shares the technique of calming, soothing crying baby and increases sleeping.
It also teaches swaddling, breastfeeding, infant sleeping, bed sharing and sudden infants deaths (SIDs)
The book guides exhausted parent to get your child to sleep from birth to age 5.
The sleep easy solution book contains sections devoted to each stage of baby and toddler development.
The author gives the parent the critical ingredients for success
• Creating a customized sleep plan
• Step by step instruction on how to teach your child how to sleep throughout the night.
• Help parents manage multiple siblings.
• It helps easily transitioning from crib to bed.
The book provides safe ideas and information for assisting your children to fall asleep, stay asleep at night and do well during the day.
If you are a parent who’s your child has difficulty in sleeping, wake up at the middle of the night, nighttime fears, sleepwalking and suffers sleep terrors, Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems is the best book for your solution.
The author discusses the causes of most sleep problem from birth to adolescence and recommends various solutions for each problem so that parents can choose the strategy that works best for them.
The book also covers other topics such as
• Bedtime difficulties
• Sleep apnea
• Sleep terrors
• Effective strategies for naps
• Middle of night waking
The book is available in audible audio here.
The audible audio helps listen the book wherever you are using free app.
More book from the author-Richard Ferber
The book guides the parent through a process of assisting the baby sleep 10-12 hours at night in five months. It takes you the first two years of your baby development milestone and how affects the sleeping pattern
Being written by a mom, the book presents an efficient, gentle system that encourages more than forcing your baby to sleep.
It also teaches how to encourage your children about how to soothe herself.
The book is an excellent guide to parents with more than one child, new parents to parenthood business and parents who are breastfeeding who want to choose to feed your baby between specific intervals at night.
The book is written by W. Chris Winter who is a neurologist and sleep expert for over 24 years of experience.
The sleep solution book will help:
• Understand how sleep works
• How thing like food, light, and other activities act to help or hurt the sleeping process.
• Learn how you can achieve the best rest without pills
• Find out why sleeping pills are misunderstood and misused.
• If you are a busy parent, student and shift worker the books help understand how to incorporate sleep and napping in your life.
• It promotes understanding ways to treat a multitude of conditions such as sleep apnea, insomnia, restless and circadian sleep disorders
The author of the book is an international sleep expert and helps thousands of patients rest better at night.
The book includes tips, exercises, tricks, and illustration.
The book is written by Dr. Marc Weissbluth M.D who is one of the leading pediatricians, and it is for parents who want their children to sleep with ease from infancy through adolescence.
The book contains researches on
• Mistakes that parents make trying to get their children to sleep
• Ways to get your baby sleep naturally
• Prevention, a course of action and treatment for sleep treatment
• Stops the baby nightmares, bedwetting, and crybaby syndrome
• The right time to start sleep training and how to handle the nap resistant baby.
Critical of both night and daytime sleep
• The problem for working mom and baby with sleep issues
• Advantage and disadvantage of allowing the kid to sleep on the family
• The father role in comforting children
• How early sleep problem can lead to later difficulties
Check out the new edition of All Healthy Sleep Habits by Marc Weissbluth M.D. here
The book is written by Suzy Giordano who is a mother of five children and sought after baby sleep specialists.
The author presents a practical limited crying solution, a solution that will get your baby sleep for twelve hours at night and three hours at daytime by the age of 12 weeks.
Parents test her sleeping plans with single, twins, triplets, babies with special cases and colic baby.
In the books, you will also benefit from baby coach’s famous system of regular feeding times.
The book is written by Suzy Giordano who is affectionately known as a baby coach. In the book, she shares a guide to let the child and parents enjoy long peaceful nights.
The writer offers tested techniques to help any baby up to 18 months who have a problem sleeping through the night. The methods also work so well with twins and triplets.
The baby sleep solution book covers success guide on 12 hours sleep at night, three hours sleep during the day and regular feeding times.
The baby sleep book contains everything you need to know about getting your baby and toddler to sleep.
The Baby Sleep Book covers such topics as:
- the facts of infant sleep vs adult sleep
- figuring out where, when, and how your child sleeps best
- fail-safe methods for soothing a crying infant
- how to make night nursing easier and how to stop
- nighttime fathering tips
- whether co-sleeping makes sense for you
- nap-time strategies that work
- medical and physical causes of night waking
- sleep habits in special situations such as travelling, teething, and illness
The Sleep Lady’s Good Night Sleep Tight book explores
• Ways parent can teach their infant and toddler to fall asleep and staying asleep.
• It also has a section on sleep safety, pacifier use, and breastfeeding
• Toddler Naps
• Interpreting newborn cries
• Phasing out nighttime feeding
• Bedtime baby yoga poses
• Room and bed sharing
• Postpartum depression
The author teaches gentle behavior modification techniques that help babies gradually master solo sleeping and self-soothing.
Sleep expert Dr Kansagra has written the book.
It provides all the solution that have scientific data to back them.
The book provides the solution from the problem such as Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior from Infancy through Toddlerhood.
The book is written by Dana Obleman, who is best known as the author of the sleep sense program.
Over 32,000 parents use the program, and it guides a simple step by step system that teaches the children how to sleep throughout the night.
The book is created for the busy new mom.
You can use this book to learn practical and gentle no-cry sleep solutions for your child sleep problem.
The book provides step by step sleep guide, naps solution, and you can reference throughout the baby developments.
Other things you will learn in this book are sleep rhythms, breastfeeding and sleep, nightmares, sleepwalking, and sleep regression.
A bonus video on sleep training your baby in 1 week.