Drawing is one of the activities stay-at-home moms can engage in with their kids. It’s also a good way to spend time with kids, as they can draw with them or just watch them do it. Drawing can be done on any surface—books, paper, canvas, walls, etc. In this article, we will discuss the best drawing books for kids.
A drawing book is a type of book that contains easy-to-follow images and text that are designed to teach children how to draw. Drawing books for kids can be found in many different formats, including comic books, storybooks, and instructional manuals. The most common type of drawing book is the instructional manual, which provides step-by-step instructions on how to draw certain objects or animals.
The following are some examples of the best drawing books for kids:
Drawing books for kids are an excellent resource for a kid who loves to teach themselves how to draw, learn new drawing techniques, and practice how to draw.
If your kid loves to draw, create designs, color, do crafts, and create art, it’s good to have the skills or talent.
Naturing such skills and talent can only be done by doing drawing practice more often.
Comparison table of the best drawing books for kids
Drawing books are not only for kids who love art; they can be used for mental stimulation.
What do I mean by “mental stimulation”? instead of spending the entire day watching TV, give your child drawing books
Drawing is a creative activity that puts your kid’s mind at ease and provides quiet time away from television, the iPad, or mobile phones.
It is an excellent pastime for children.
Also, art is continuous learning if you want to improve and enrich your skills very fast drawing books can be of much help.
For beginners who want to learn drawing just for fun getting started can be frustrating because you can be drawing poorly every day but with the guidance of a good drawing book the task can be enjoyable.
Some parents love it when their kids learn to draw by following a video. This video can be of much help but I would recommend starting with the book.
Learning to draw doesn’t have to be hard, and you don’t need too many requirements; with easy-to-follow pictures and a pencil, you are good to start.
You can add more Kids Drawing Painting Supplies (colored pencils or crayons) to make it more interesting and fun.
24 best how to draw books for kids
- Age 5 years & up How to Draw 101 Animals
- Age 10-13 years Draw 50 Animals
- Age 7-8 years Ed Emberley’s Drawing Book of Animals (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)
- Age 7-10 years How to Draw Pokemon
- Age all How to Draw Pokemon: Learn to Draw Your Favourite Pokemon Go Characters
- Age 5-10 years How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw)
- Age 9-12 years The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw
- Age 3 years+ Super Mario Coloring Book: Great Coloring Book for Kids and Any Fan of Super Mario Characters.
- Age 8 years up Art for Kids: Drawing: The Only Drawing Book You’ll Ever Need to Be the Artist You’ve Always Wanted to Be
- Age 8-12 years The Creativity Project: An Awesometastic Story Collection
- Mandala Coloring Book for Kids: Big Mandalas to Color for Relaxation, Book 1
- Age 4-12 years How to Draw for Kids: Learn to Draw Step by Step, Easy, and Fun! (Step-by-Step Drawing Books)
- Age 2-8 years My First Animal ABC Coloring Book
- Age 9-12 years How to Draw: Easy Techniques and Step-by-Step Drawings for Kids
- Age 6 years up How to Draw Cute Stuff: Draw Anything and Everything in the Cutest Style Ever
- All ages How to Draw Harry’s Characters for Kids
- All ages How To Draw Harry Potter Step By Step Drawings
- How to Draw Unicorns, Mermaids and Other Magical Friends
- Age 5 years up How to Draw 101 Monsters
- Age 3-12 years My First I Can Draw
- Age 7-10 years Learn to Draw Your Favorite Disney/Pixar Characters
- Age 7-10 years How to Draw Deluxe Edition (Pokémon)
- Age 9-12 years Figure Drawing for Kids
- Age 5 years + FORTNITE (Official): How to Draw (Official Fortnite Books)
Best drawing books for kids Reviews
- Age range- 5-10years
- Grade level- kindergarten-5
- Paperback- 64 pages
How to draw people is a book with a fun-filled way to teach art to young children or a beginner that enjoys drawing.
The book has simple directions, step-by-step illustrations, and blank practice pages that make drawing easier.
By joining circles, ovals, rectangles, cylinders, and other common shapes you can quickly create 30 different characters including a fireman, a drummer, a mailman, a cowboy, an astronaut, a roller-skating girl, a boy on a swing, and more
The author has other drawing books such as;
How to Draw Pets (Dover How to Draw) – best for drawing adorable creatures among them a dog, cat, mouse, parakeet, pony, potbelly pig, lamb, and hermit crab
How to Draw (Dover How to Draw) – best for all ages to draw fruit, fish, kittens, and other subjects. 30 projects
Find out more drawing books for Barbara Soloff-Levy here.
- The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw, Step by Step (Woo! Jr. Kids Activities Books)
- Age range: 9-12years
- Paperback: 152 pages
If you need a drawing book that will turn your kid’s creativity into artistic confidence, this book is the best choice.
This drawing book gives you 365 things to draw every day for an entire year. Such things include animals, objects, food, plants, vehicles, sports, holidays, and more.
Every drawing lesson is broken into easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions so that all growing artists can create a masterpiece.
The book is best for kids who are 9 to 12 years old and up, but kids who are 6 to 8 years old with a high interest in art will be able to follow diagrams easily.
- Age range- 3 years and above
- Paperback- 80 pages
Inside this book, you will find lessons on how to draw heroes, mazes, and math pages.
This book contains 50 high-quality illustrations. All images are drawn, not taken from the web, and are of high quality.
The book is suitable for ages 3 and up
- Art for Kids: Drawing: The Only Drawing Book You’ll Ever Need to Be the Artist You’ve Always Wanted to Be
- Age range: 8 up
- Grade level: 3-12
- Paperback:112 pages
When kids draw, they want to create an accurate likeness of the things they see. This book contains imaginative, illustrated, and informative guides.
The book has fun and hands-on lessons such as contour drawing techniques and several exercises that show maturing artists how to make basic forms and shapes.
It also guides you on how to draw people, animals, landscapes, and more.
More than forty authors and illustrators write the book and as a result, they have provided stories of each other photos, drawing poetry, drawing, art, and words.
Mandala coloring book contains 42 big mandala designs with thick lines and large spaces for easy coloring.
The book is an excellent gift for a kid or adult who loves coloring. Also great to keep your kid occupied than staying the whole day watching television.
- Age range- 4-12 years
- Grade –kindergarten-6years
- Paperback- 94 pages
The book provides simple, easy-to-follow pictures that make it easy for the kid to start drawing.
This book will show you how to draw a variety of projects such as animals, flowers, cars, fruits, and other everyday objects.
It shows illustrations or step-by-step guides on how to draw objects on the left side, and the right side has plenty of space to practice drawing.
When you finish drawing, you can add your own details or color the pictures.
- My First Animal ABC Coloring Book: An Early Learning Activity Book for Toddlers and Preschool Kids to Learn the English Alphabet Letters from A to Z
- Age range- 2-8 years
- Paperback-62 pages
The book provides a fun, original illustration that will keep your child engaged and entertained.
It contains letters from A-Z, and each is represented with different animal pictures to keep your kid excited while coloring.
Except for animals each coloring illustration includes other objects beginning with the same letter.
The book is single-sided printing. Kids can use their favorite coloring tools without worrying an image in the back can be ruined.
In this book, the kid will learn to draw magical creatures, cartoons, realistic landscapes, portraits, and more.
The book is ideal for 9-12 years.
Some of the pictures your kid will enjoy drawing include unicorns, faces of friends and neighbors, buildings, plants, and trees.
The cute stuff drawing book will help your kid draw anything and everything, such as people, animals, and things.
It is ideal for ages 6 and up.
The book is for Harry Potter-obsessed kids. It contains more than 40 favorite Harry Potter characters, kids will love learning to draw.
The book is for all ages and comes along with free bonus coloring pages and blank pages for practice.
The book will help draw more than 40 magical creatures and people by simply tracing helpful outlines and following step-by-step illustrations.
It is ideal for ages 4 and up.
Drawing Books for Kids Will Teach Your Child How to Draw 101 Different Monsters
It is ideal for ages 5 and up.
The book contains simple steps and pulls out practice pages.
Ages 3 to 12 are recommended.
The book will help your kid learn to draw Disney characters from Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Up, Inside Out, Coco, and more.
It is ideal for ages 7–10.
If you want to become a Pokemon drawing expert this is the right book.
The book includes simple step-by-step instructions on how to draw classic characters from every Pokémon region — from Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. Over 65 Pokemon.
It is ideal for ages 7–10.
Age 9-12 years
Age- 5 up
What’s the best drawing book out there that we didn’t include in our review of the best drawing books for kids that have helped your kid improve his/her drawing skills?
Please tell us your best drawing books for kids in the comment section below.