There are many ways Stay-at-Home Moms can make money at home while taking care of their family. Blogging is one of the excellent ways for mom to earn at home. I know Stay-at-Home Moms out there are looking for ways how they can start a blog at home and earn a steady income. Let me hold your hand and teach you how to start a mom blog and make money.
How to set up a blog that will make money for you
Many people find the process to set up a blog that will make you money too complicated or even fear they don’t have enough experience with HTML, domains, name servers, web hosts, so they end up giving up before they even try.
Let me assure you with new Technology and so much information on the internet you don’t need to learn HTML or have technical skills of a programmer, computer or web design to set your blog. What you need is to follow this free step by step guide how to set up a blog from scratch.
- Choose what to blog about
Before you start a blog first, consider what you are going to blog. If you want to write a perfect blog, pick a topic that you are passionate about, something that you will enjoy writing.
Suppose that you are passionate about cooking start a cooking recipe blog.
- Choose Domain Name
Domain Name is the name of your blog. The domain name is crucial since it is the only connection between you and your audience so try to include your keywords in your domain name. The domain name should have the following characteristics
- Attractive to your readers
- Easy to remember
- Should contain relevant keyword to your niche
- Not too long.
- Choose a blogging platform
There are two free blogging platforms WordPress.com and Blogger.com.
For newbie’s one of the best platforms to use is WordPress.com. It’s one of the biggest platforms in the whole world.
WordPress.com has great free themes that work perfectly for most niches and mostly used for advertising and affiliate marketing.
- Start a blog
Here are the links you can use to start your blog
- Choose your theme
Selecting a good theme gives your blog a professional look. A blog with good appearance leaves a good impression on your blog’s visitors. The best thing you can change your blog appearance to what you find best.
- Start posting
Start by writing fresh contents of your blog. Make sure you write blog posts which are awesome and friendly. Proofread and publish.
Note with free blogging platforms you don’t have control of your contents. You are not allowed to advertise making it hard to earn money.
So I will advise moving from a free blog to a self-hosted blog by buying and registering your domain name and hosting your blog.
With the above step by step guide, you can start your free blog.
If you want to make money with your blog and have control of your content, check the next part of how to create a self-hosted blog.
How to Create a Self Hosted Blog
- Register appropriate domain name
With a self-hosted blog, you will have to buy and register a domain name. Find an appropriate domain name. Register your domain name with services that are trusted, well-known and reliable player.
Most popular domain names Namecheap, GoDaddy, Affilorama Domains
- Host your Blog
After your domain name is set, you need to host your blog somewhere. Purchase hosting services from reputable host provider, which have excellent customer care support, reliable and offer quality hosting.
Reliable host provider Hostgator and Bluehost
- Install WordPress
Blogs are content. Content is something like articles, images, videos, and others. I prefer WordPress as the best content management system. It’s the best in the world and easily manageable.
How to install WordPress
- Log into your web host panel. To access type yourdomainname.com/cpanel
- Go to control panel and search software and services select WordPress and install it
- Once done installing click finish
Once you are done installing WordPress choose the best theme and customize it the way you want.
- Add posts to your blog
To access your post area type yourdomainname.com/wp-admin and log in.
Write excellent posts and post regularly to get better ranking on Google and steady following. Make sure your posts are over 500 words anything below that may be ranked poorly by Google.
- Add Plugins
It’s time to add a few plugins so that your blog functions efficiently.
I recommend the following plugins:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast- To make sure your blog is visible to search engines
- Jetpack by wordpress.com- It comes with the collection of plugins like WordPress stats and WordPress mobile theme e.t.c
- Google XML Sitemaps- help creates valid sitemaps of your blog.
- Google Analytics for WordPress by Joost de Valk -Help Add Google Analytics to your blog
- GetSocial – Social networking buttons
How to start making money from your blog
- Driving Traffic
If you want to know how Stay-at-Home Moms are making money, you should first find out more about driving traffic. There is no way you can earn money through a blog, and you don’t have traffic.
There are so many things you can do to drive traffic to your blog I’ll mention the most commonly used. You can feel free to do research for more
- High-quality content – To keep people on your site make sure you post quality content on your blog.
- Social media – Share your posts on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- Social bookmarking – Share your blog links to social bookmarking sites like Reddit, Delicious and dig. Feel free to search for more social bookmarking sites.
- Blog commenting – Search the best and big blogs in your niche. Note big blogs have a lot of traffic. Subscribe to those blogs via email to get their fresh content.
Just keep commenting on relevant blog posts. Include your website link in the URL field of the comment box.
- Forum – Join different forums that are related to your niche. Include the link to your content.
- Webmaster Tools Submission – Submit your website to Webmaster Tools like Google and Bing.
- Article Marketing – Submit articles to article directories such as EzineArticles and ArticlesBase. Include a link back to your site.
- The Web Directory Submission- Submit your website to web directories like Dmoz.org. Feel free to search for others.
- Email marketing – Use AWeber or MailChimp for email marketing
- Guest Blogging – Contact different website owner in your niche and request to write guest posts on their blog
Note: spend 80% of your time looking for the traffic of your blog or promoting and 20% on creating content. Most beginners fail because they spend most of their time creating content and forget marketing their blog.
How Stay-at-Home Mom are making money through their blog.
- Monetize your blog
Read this: The Art of Freelance Blogging
Think about how to monetize your blog’s from day one. Here are the best ways to monetize your blog effectively
We do not cover the whole blog with articles there is a space left on the side, top, and bottom. Use that as an advertising space to sell. There are different advertising networks you can use such as
Chitika and many others
- Affiliate marketing
If you want to earn passive income affiliate marketing is the best ways. Affiliate marketing is promoting a company, products or services and then you are paid in the form of commission.
You promote a product you love, add your link; if someone purchases through your link you earn a commission. Good examples of affiliate marketing program include:
- CJ.com (Use Internet Explorer or Chrome to sign up in case it brings problems with Mozilla)
- Google Affiliate Network
- Amazon affiliate program
Other companies have their affiliate programs. Such as
- Blue host
- Link worth
- Elegant themes
- Theme forest
- Blog services
You can use your blog to sell your skills. You can sell your writing skills, transcription skills, and logo creation techniques.
- Sell your product
You can sell your product through your blog. For example, if you are a restaurants owner, musician, you can use your blog to showcase people what you are offering.
There you have it use those blogging tips to make your blog grow big. Share it with your friends so that they can benefit
What other moms are reading
- Mistakes Stay-at-Home Moms make
- The truth about being a stay at home mom
- Creative crafts ideas for Stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom schedule
- Home based business books
- Perfect hobbies for Stay at home mom
- Simple things Stay at home mom need to do for herself
- The benefits of being a stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom books
- Who are stay at home mom
- Challenges for Stay at home mom
- Bored stay at home mom ideas
- Handmade crafts work ideas for Stay at home mom
- How to make money transcribing
- How to make money article writing
- Business ideas for Stay at home mom
- Life changing thought
- Tips for working at home with kids
- Why Stay at home mom should start a blog
- Companies that hire Stay at home mom
- How to be successful Stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom clothes
- Online surveys job for stay at home moms
Any step that I have left out share below