Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms is one of the better way for Stay-at-Home Mom to earn money at home.
Thanks to the technology that there is so many crafts mom can make at home while taking care of your family and sell at a profit to neighbors, relatives, friends and online stores.
Find out the list of Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms
Laundry detergent is one of the evergreen businesses since no home that doesn’t use laundry detergent daily.
The detergent are used for washing clothes, cleaning dishes, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the floor, cleaning the toilet and much more. The list is endless.
This one of the Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms that they can engage in since you can do it at home while looking after your children.
Getting the market is much easier you can sell it to your closest friends and neighbor.
Most of the ingredients to make laundry detergent are locally available.
An example of laundry detergents you can make at are jik, bar soap and liquid soaps.
How to make bar soap
Ingredients to make bar soap
- Caustic soda:-You can use caustic soda such as Duda diesel Sodium Hydroxide Food Grade Red Hot Devil Lye Caustic Soda Beads or find our more here
- Clean water
- Cooking oil or palm oil – you can use palm oil such as essential depot palm oil and Palm Kernel Oil Pure Cold Pressed Organic. Find out variety of palm oil here
- Stirring stick
- Packing paper – Best packing paper to use to pack your bar soap are : Shrink Bags by tboon, Crinklee Clear Shrink Wrap Bags, https://amzn.to/35JQqHnFlat Medium Glassine Translucent Wax Paper Bags by H&H and more
- Molds – Mold help shape the soap into designs and shapes you want
Procedure on how to make bar soap
- Put water in a container
- Add caustic soda as you stir gently
- Measure the temperature of oil using a thermometer and that of the mixture (caustic soda+water)
- If the oil temperature is lower than that of the mixture, heat oil until the temperature is the same as the mixture of caustic soda and water.
- Add oil slowly and keep stirring until the mixture turns thick whitish. Done
- Now it’s time to pack into your desired shape. If you want round shape, find containers that are round and mold your soap and the same case to all shapes. After you are done shaping into your desired shapes, cover the container using a blanket or towel and keep it for 24 hours.
- It’s not ready for use, give it other four weeks to cure, and now it’s available for use.
Read this book it has a good guide on how to make soap at home : Pure Soapmaking
How to make liquid soap
N.B when buying the ingredients asks the dealer to give you the right quantity of specific measurement example if you want 100 liters, ask the right ingredients of 100 liters.
Ingredients for making liquid soap
- Sodium chloride
- Caustic soda
- A fragrance like lemon and others
- Distilled water
- Food color
- Herbs like honey
Tool to use to mix ingredients to make liquid soap
- Grooves. Since you are using chemical put your gloves on
- Stirring stick
- Remember to put on your gloves
- Pour Ungerol into a container
- Add Ufacid, sodium chloride and caustic soda stir until sodium chloride is completely dissolved
- Continue stirring until the mixture becomes smooth
- Add water slowly until the mixture becomes dilute
- At this stage, you can add fragrance or color stir to the required thickness
- Put your mixture aside for 2 hours
- There you have your ready liquid soap.
Read this: The Everything Soapmaking Book
More guide to help make soap at home
- How to make dinosaur egg soap
- how to make loofah soap
- How to make layered soap
- How to make glycerin soap gem
#2 Rope Bowls
Rope bowl is perfect for holding home decor accessories like fruits and kitchen towels.
Watch video how to make rope bowl
How to make
You just need a bowl or a container of different sizes and shapes, rope and hot gun.
Apply glue at the end of a rope
Coil the rope as you apply glue
Continue adding the rope and glue on the spiral pattern
Once done let your rope sit for 30 min
Read more from diyjoy, or you can watch step by step tutorial video
You can use containers of different shape and size to form your rope bowls
To provide different choices use different kind of rope that have variety of colors
#3 Party Decorations
The decoration is another Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms to make money at home.
Decorations are used for a birthday party, weddings, Christmas, graduations and new years. Sample of decoration
Read the below tutorial to learn how to make decoration at home
You can purchase the book by Rebecca Thuss to guide you how to make over 75 decoration of paper flower Paper to Petal.
You can use pouches to keep pencils, pen, coins, keys, makeup, sewing essentials, and phone.
How to make triangle pouch
Read method in aspoonfulofsugardesigns
How to make zippered pencil pouch or case from:
Tutorial of different pencil-case you can make at home
Every mom wants to protect the table underneath.
Easy step how to make coaster from PopSugar
A bookmarks mark one place in the book or bible to enable quick access in the future.
You can make bookmarks using yarns, leather cardboards, and so many other materials.
Learn different creative bookmarks designs that are easy to make at home from architectureartdesigns
Read how to make a bookmark using yarn from design mom
How to make different bookmarks
#7 Key holders and chain
You can make key holder and chain using different material like wine corks
How to make a key chain using a wine cork
Insert screw eye in the key chain ring and twist to the end of the wine cork
Watch step by step images from cleverlyinspired
#8 Tablet covers
Tablets and phones have become popular nowadays.
Tablets and Phones are one of the delicate electronic gadgets that we have.
Most of them don’t come with anything to protect them from damage.
That’s why tablets cover can be one of the best DIY to make at home.
Read the step by step guide how to make a tablet cover
#9: Jewelry making/ beadwork
According to Wikipedia, Beadwork is the art or craft of attaching beads to one another by stringing them with a sewing needle or beading needle and thread or thin wire or sewing them to cloth.
We make jewelry such as necklace, earrings, and bracelets using beads
Fashion has become popular nowadays. Everyone wants a bracelet, necklace, earrings, anklets, bangles, pendants, rosaries, wristbands and rings that will match with the outfit.
Making jewelry is an evergreen business because the fashion industry is growing at a high rate.
Jewelry is made using different material such as stones (gemstones), precious metal, wood, and bone.
How to make a necklace using beads
Step by step procedure on how to make here.
Best book to guide you on how to make jewelry and beading at home: Teach Yourself VISUALLY Jewelry Making and Beading
Learn how to make jewelry at home step by step
#10: Hair accessories
There are so many hair accessories that you can make from the comfort of your homes such as hair bands, hair clips, bow hair clip, head scarf, hair bun, hair ribbons, kids headband and bobby pins.
All these hair accessories will never get out of fashion.
Find out how to make different hair accessories
#11: Placemats or table mat
Learn a simple way to make table mat at home at realcoake
#12: Floor Mat
The floor mat helps brighten your house
Step by step guide on how to make floor mat at home by sustainablebabysteps
#13: Candle making
Candle making is another Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms they can venture in while at home.
Candles are used in different ways in lighting purpose, church ceremony, birthday parties, wedding, and many more places
Scented candles are used as a mosquito repellent.
Natural candle making instructions
- Candle making machine
Candle making machine you can buy it here, import it from China, you can browse online to find the best seller. The price varies according to some mold holes in a machine. But it ranges between $200- 500.
- Pre-heat the wax to melt
- Pour melted wax into the hole on your machine
- You can add fragrance and colors
- Make sure you have placed wick correctly
- Leave the wax overnight at room temperature to cool
- After cooling process remove the candle and trim the wick
If you want a more advance modern candle making and ways to decorate your own candles read the Candlemaker’s Companion book
#14: Candle holder
How to make candle holder at home from lovetoknow
#15: Pillows covers
Making a pillow cover is a good way Stay-at-Home Mom can earn money at home.
Learn the different method to make pillow cover from Martha Stewart
#16: Market Tote Bag
Tote bags are perfect for shopping, trips to the park or beach or any storage.
Follow the following simple instruction on how to sew simple market tote bag from:
If you don’t like sewing, still you can make a tote bag using t-shirts you just need a t-shirt, washable marker and fabric scissors
Learn how to make no-sew t-shirt tote bag mommypotamus
#17: Market string bag
There are perfect for vegetable, fruits, grocery bag, beach bag, and a toy bag
The bag is foldable, reusable and can be easily stuffed in your purse.
Step by step guide on how to make string bag from Instructables
#18: Drawstring bag
The drawstring can be used as a sports bag.
How to make from the sewing sessions
#19: Cushion covers
Find out how to make cushion covers through the following step by step guide.
#20: Mini modular origami book
Learn how to make origami book in Instructables
#21: Flower Vases
You can make flowers vases using old bottles or fabric
Find out how to make using plastic bottles
#22: Wall clock
Instruction on how to make a modern wall clock from Brit
Baskets are used for many purposes at home. You can easily make your basket at home using supplies around your home or purchase at craft stores.
Materials needed Reed and newspaper
Instruction how to make a basket
#24: Make lip balm
If there is a part of the body that dries very fast is the mouth lip, and that’s why we use lip balm to solve the problem.
A lip balm comes in different flavor like lemon, lavender, honey, peppermint, grapefruit and much more.
All this type you can make them at home and add the color of your choice.
How to make lip balm
- Oil – olive oil, coconut oil to moisturize and make balm soft
- Honey/ Butter
- Natural lipstick
- Essential oil example lemon, peppermint, and others used to add scent
Put the oil, wax, and butter in a heatproof container. Heat the mixture in a microwave until it melts.
Mix both mixtures together after it melts
Add essential oil
Pour into the container or previously used lip balm tubes.
Let it cool overnight.
Learn how to make lip balm using natural eco friendly ingredients: Easy Homemade Natural Lip Balm Recipes
#25: Embroidery and sewing
Embroidery is decorating a picture and putting a design on the fabric using thread and needle.
You can decorate window curtains, dress, shirts, seat loose covers and much more. You can also use beads, sequins, quills, and pearls. Embroidery and sewing are something moms can do in the evening after attending to house chores or while watching television.
How to go about it
- Stretch your fabric using an embroidery hoop
- Cut your thread to a length that will be enough to make beautiful stitches, and that will not tangle easily approximately 25 inches or 62 cm
- Insert thread a needle
- Tie a knot at the end of the thread
- Start making your designs
- An example of stitches to make good design back-stitch, running stitch, blind stitch, French knot, feather stitch and much more.
The book by DK provide you with the ideal guide to embroidery
Find the best embroidery book here.
#26: Crocheting and knitting
Crocheting and knitting are another great way moms can make a lot of money.
You can make sweaters, Baby shawls, scarves; table cloth the list is endless.
Crocheting and knitting products we use on a daily basis and most are fashionable.
The difference between crocheting and knitting is in crocheting we use hand and one single crochet hook while knitting we use a pointy needle, and you can use a machine to do knitting.
Crochet hook for crocheting
Crochet Thread or yarn
Best books that can guide beginners on how to start knitting and crocheting
Or find more books here
Weaving is interlacing two threads at a right angle to form the fabric.
Weaving is another job that Stay-at-Home Moms can do at home. The material are locally available product like weaving loom or boards, ruler, scissors, pencil, wool, masking tape/sellotape, tapestry needle.
You can make a product like a wall hanging, doormats and basket.
Visit this site to learn more how to do weaving
#28: Card making
Making a card is another evergreen business because cards are used in many places like birthday, Christmas, Valentine, graduation, wedding, greetings card, pre-wedding and fundraising.
The only thing that can make out do other card makers are making cards that are unique and have an attractive design.
Card making is another handmade product since you can make using your hands and not a machine.
Not only is handmade most of the materials you need are locally available.
Purchase a book by Judi Watanabe The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking
According to Wikipedia “Paper marbling is a method of aqueous surface design, which can produce patterns similar to smooth marble or other kinds of stone. The patterns are the result of color floated on either plain water or a viscous solution known as size, and then carefully transferred to an absorbent surface, such as paper or fabric.
A good tutorial on how to make acrylic paint marbling here.
DIY craft at home is one of the best ways Stay-at-Home Moms to make extra income. Most of the suppliers you require are around your home, or you can purchase them at the local stores.
Give a try one of the above 20 + Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms and learn what fits you.
If you are not gifted on DIY crafts and want more money at home, you can read other ways on how to make money online
What other Craft Business ideas for Stay-at-Home Moms can you make at home and sell at a profit.
Please share with us in the comment section below
What other moms are reading
- Mistakes Stay-at-Home Moms make
- The truth about being a stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom schedule
- Home based business books
- Perfect hobbies for Stay at home mom
- Simple things Stay at home mom need to do for herself
- The benefits of being a stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom books
- Challenges for Stay at home mom
- Bored stay at home mom ideas
- Handmade crafts work ideas for Stay at home mom
- How to make money transcribing
- How to make money article writing
- Business ideas for Stay at home mom
- Life changing thought
- Tips for working at home with kids
- How to start a mom blog and make money
- Why Stay at home mom should start a blog
- Companies that hire Stay at home mom
- How to be successful Stay at home mom
- Stay at home mom clothes
- online surveys job for stay at home moms