Looking for a fun-filled approach to aid toddlers in settling into a daily routine? Daily routine cards for toddlers are the best solution.
Toddlers thrive on routine and structure, as it provides them with a sense of security and helps them develop essential life skills.
Daily routine cards are a wonderful tool for introducing and reinforcing a structured schedule in a fun and engaging way. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of using daily routine cards for toddlers and provide practical tips on how to create and implement them effectively. Get ready to empower your little ones for independence and a smoother day-to-day routine!
What are Daily Routine Cards?
Daily routine cards are visual cues that represent different activities or tasks throughout the day. They typically include images or simple illustrations along with text, making it easier for toddlers to understand and follow along. These cards serve as a visual guide that helps toddlers anticipate what comes next and promotes a sense of ownership and responsibility.
How to use routine cards for toddlers
Routine cards are easy to use. You just go through each card with your toddler, explaining to him or her what each card means and where to fit in.
Decide the best order of the activities.
Stick or pin the cards on the board or wall where the toddler can easily see them.
Continue working with them until the toddler can follow the routine on her own.
The first day is a lot of coaching.
Celebrate Achievements: Praise your toddler for following the routine and completing tasks independently. Positive reinforcement goes a long way in motivating them to stick to the routine.
The importance of Routine cards for toddlers
- Help them have an easy transition from home to nursery.
- Give toddlers ideas about what is expected of them and sequence them.
- Help your toddler grow by knowing the daily routines like brushing your teeth, putting on pajamas, and getting dressed.
- Help toddlers grow up knowing healthy routines like washing their hands before eating and after the toilet.
- Promote Independence: Daily routine cards encourage toddlers to take charge of their daily activities, fostering independence and self-confidence.
- Reduce Anxiety: Visual cues provide a sense of predictability, reducing anxiety and meltdowns by helping toddlers understand what to expect throughout the day.
- Establish Structure: Routine cards establish a consistent schedule, which is essential for toddlers’ development and well-being.
- Enhance Communication: The visual nature of routine cards aids in language development as toddlers associate images with specific activities and learn to express their needs and desires.
Creating Your Own Daily Routine Cards:
- Choose Appropriate Activities: Identify the key activities in your toddler’s day, such as waking up, mealtime, playtime, naptime, bath time, and bedtime.
- Select Visuals: Find or create simple and clear images or illustrations that represent each activity. You can use clip art, and photos, or draw your own pictures.
- Add Text: Include text on the cards to label each activity. Use clear and concise words that your toddler can understand or simple action words.
- Laminate and Display: Print the cards, laminate them for durability, and display them in a visible and accessible location, such as on a wall, a door, or a magnetic board.
Routine cards for toddlers reviews
SEN support ASD Visual Schedule includes 35 Widgit (T) symbols (6 x 5cm), 2 display boards (297 x 105mm), and a VELCRO Brand hook and loop to attach the symbols to the boards.
The symbol cards include breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, drink, toilet, brush teeth, get dressed, brush hair, bath, shower, school, tidy up, car, homework, swimming, baseball, basketball, shopping, walk, story, bedtime, playground, pajamas, Grandparents, play, friends, club, watch T.V., wash face, home, medication, milk, phone, & tablet. This caters toddlers to kids
Honey Dew Gifts Daily Morning Routine is made of lightweight quality metal that measures 9 inches by 12 inches
It comes with a pre-drilled design for easy installation in your child’s bedroom.
The chart is reusable and easy to clean. Use dry-erase markers or chalkboard markers (MARKERS NOT INCLUDED) to put a checkmark on the chore they’ve finished.
More from Honey Dew
Chart for morning and bedtime
This is a chart for the morning and bedtime.
It is made from long-lasting paper that will feel like quality and look flawless.
The paper has various display options. You can tack it up on the wall, clip it along a string, or frame it; there are many ways to display it.
The pack includes 72 home-themed magnets and 21 headings.
Autism Supplies and Developments Plastic Visual ASD Evening Routine (Picture Communication Symbols PCS)
Autism Supplies And Developments is a Plastic Visual ASD Evening Routine.
It is made from plastic so they are incredibly durable and hardwearing.
The board measures 31cm x 8cm and the symbols measure 4.5cm square. This is a great size to both see and handle
Includes 12 pre-printed plastic symbols of common evening activities.
It Includes 12 pre-printed plastic symbols of common morning activities.
The board is made of plastic making it durable, hardwearing, and easy to clean.
The board measures 31cm x 8cm and the symbols measure 4.5cm square. This is a great size to both see and handle.
Daily routine cards for toddlers are a fantastic tool for introducing structure, promoting independence, and reducing anxiety in their daily lives. By incorporating visual cues into their routines, you empower them to take ownership of their activities and develop essential life skills. Embrace the power of routine cards and watch as your little one grows in confidence and thrives in their daily routine!